Today's quite a breezy and cloudy day but dunno why I experienced a very painful headache that's throbbing in my head. It started about 12 plus on my way from my in laws' home to take my daughter back. Must give my in laws some private time to go out and enjoy too. They have been very nice to take care of my girl from Friday night to Saturday night and tonight, she's going back to her grandparents' home so that my in laws need not get up soo early on Monday morning.
We usually take our girl to my in laws place as early as 6.15am. Really can be quite tough for my mum in law especially who has to wake up to boil water for my girl so that milk can be made when she reaches there. My father in law will take my girl to the child care centre which opens at 7pm. Seriously, in my job, it's really not too possible to drop my girl off at the centre before going to school. I may be grossly late especially the teachers at the centre need to take temperature and check baby's hand, feet and mouth to make sure everything's normal before I can go off. My hubby is in the same job as me too ahhaha. Thank goodness my father in law works later...*phew* if not I guess I may just have to leave my job and be a housewife :))
Quite a pretty good idea for me but Jasper and I have discussed countless times that it's really not too possible at least for these 5 years. We need to really build up our finances so well that money won't be a problem....
Recently, I just heard a friend saying her hubby sponsored her for a spa treatment and it cost about $1k. It was a rather sweet gesture of him to do that. I always believe that hubbys should give their wives a little surprises here and there or sponsor some things here and there to make them every happier. Of cos, these are just material stuff which seriously, any working woman is able to afford it. What kind of made me change a little of my impression of this friend is what she said next. She actually mentioned how lucky she was to have such a husband and wondered what did she ever do to deserve all these goodness from him.....
As her friends, we all know how lucky she is since the day she was born. Financially, she need not worry about a single thing. After she got married, her hubby is also earning sufficiently well to buy nearly anything that she wants. Did I mention that her hubby is really very good kind. The kind that really did not quarrel with her.....They have dined in very expensive restaurants, slept on very expensive bedsheet which costs a few hundreds. Moreover, the size of the diamond ring that her hubby gave to her would be something that not many hubbys are able to afford in nearly 10 years hahaha.
I don't deny that when I first knew her, I was really very happy for her that she has found such a good husband who is willing to give her everything. As time goes by, some things that she said makes me feel worried for her. Maybe some of you may say that I'm just jealous cos I don't have her kind of wealth or that my hubby is not able to give me what she has received from hers. Maybe I am, Maybe I'm not hahahah.
Well, seriously, from the bottom of my heart, the day I chose my hubby, I know he is not able to give me all that was given to my friend at least not during these few years. I chose him more for his character and his strong family values.
I can't help but remembered what both my grandmothers and later my mother and my mother in law had told me. Marriage is supposed to be for life. Throughout the marriage, we may go through ups and downs. How good our marriage is depends on whether we are able to grow old with each other and to quote my friend arwen..'to be able to make kaya toast' for our partner till the day either of us leave this world. Material things can be given as long as we can afford it. Sometimes, we wonder if it's necessary to buy things that are sooo expensive. I guess people who have never gone through poverty will never feel how it would be like to save whatever we can and forgo our wants. We need to concentrate on our needs. To me, a bedsheet that's about $50 is alot for me hahahah I rather save some $ for my daughter hahhah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment