Monday, September 17, 2007

Monday night

Monday nights have been quite the same as any other nights for me. I guess cos I'm in a routine whereby I start putting my girl to bed between 8pm - 9pm. I will play with her, sing to her, pat her and by the time i may be snoring away, she's still wide awake give me her toothless grin hahahah : ) Thus it's quite the same every night, therefore, monday nights has not much effect on me. Tonight's a little different, her doting grandfather missed her so much after sending her to the child care centre this morning that he came over to my place at about 8.15pm to take her home and spend the night. It's a pretty good idea cos I can have some private time on my own too to finish up work or just hang around reading friends' blogs and update mine. At the same time, they need not get up too early tomorrow morning. It's like killing two birds with one stone.

My quiet mundane night has changed after reading my friends' blogs. It's always heartening and encouraging to read comments which my friends and hubby left in my blog. I can't get enough advice from my friend arwen who never fails to amaze me in many ways since our school days.
My other friend Ting is always surprising me with her entries on her blogs. I exceptionally felt rejuvenated and motivated after watching 'THE HAKA' on the U-tube which she posted on her blog. These are the little things which I look forward to as a form of destress for myself.
The comments friends and hubby left me always pose as a source of strength for me to look at like in a more optimistic way. Not forgetting the beautiful smile my daughter gives when I play with her or simply when I call her name. I guess all these are simply priceless.

Well, I'm not stressed out from taking care of my lovely daughter but i'm rather stressed out from work. Sometimes, stressed out from the way some 'big shot' (meaning those in the good books of .......) colleagues look at me or talk to me when I inform or ask them something. I know there are many kinds of people in this world and some are just around to irritate us. I just hates it when they irritate me on a Monday morning. Really don't like the feeling.

I pray that my friends kimberly, arwen and ting will be able to get enough rest from all the things that they had to do.
I pray that I will be able to get along well with my marking colleagues and superiors. I've been sent to mark psle composition and situational writing this year. This is my third year. I had a break last year and did some 'recording of marks' job cos of my pregnancy. This year, I had no excuse to get a lighter load. I had a very bad experience the previous year which resulted in me going home to cry every night. I just can't tolerate the vast discrepancies between fellow colleagues (from other schools so different expectations) and my marking. My life was utterly miserable there. When I knew that I had to go to the same place again, I just trembled. Therefore, I'm really praying very hard that I will keep my sanity during the 4 days of marking.

I pray that my friends and every family member will be blessed with all the goodness in life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good to know that you have very supportive in-laws to help take care of your bb gal~

Waa... Didn't know you had such a hard time last year... I still missed our days at TP (happier times)...

Thanks for all the prayers~ I really need it for my driving test next wednesday... =(