Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Life...

Just read two good friends' blogs and can't help thinking through what they had posted. One thought about whether there's enough money in CPF for our old age and the other commented about how people should help one another. I sat on my bed wondering about money too. Every now and then, I check my finances to see if it would be advisable for me to take some months of no-pay leave next year. Having a child and keeping my job at the same time is not a problem. It's not a big problem even if my second child comes along. Keeping my job is the crucial thing.

I thought of leaving my job and give tuition to supplement income in the household but I realised that the CPF part is very crucial. I need that to pay my housing loan. If I were to do private tuition, I have to make sure that I earn even more than what I'm taking home now to contribute my share as well as employer's share of CPF into my account. Thus the question of whether it will be enough for old age is swimming in my head.

In all my six years of teaching, it was the first time I had a student spewing the F word at me on Monday. This student of mine have some emotional and behavioral problems which can be rather uncontrollable. I'm not sure if it's just my luck but every year, I do get some interesting pupils in my class. It seems that as the years go by, the kind of pupil becomes worse. Everyday when I go to school and go to my class, I would see this boy. I felt extremely tired as this boy just comes to school to waste time. If some provocation takes place, he would bang tables, throw things and even throw tables and chairs. I try my best not to go near him and ignore him as much. He refused to do work and just wanna play with the classmates. The classmates know about his condition and just goes along trying very hard not to trigger any matter that will cause him to flare up. Once he starts to flare up, the vulgar language comes on automatically.

It dawned on me that I must teach my own children well. Home background is very important in the course growing up. Childhood is very important. The type of childhood we go through may just determine the type of character we will build up as we grow up. I may not be able to give my child all the luxuries in life but I must be very sure to teach the correct values. and give my child a happy childhood. It may not be easy at all but I'm sure Jasper and I will try our very best.

I've been getting headaches rather often these days. Wonder if it's cos of the heat or is it becos there's alot on my mind which needs my attention hahaha. Hope the headaches will go away.

PS : I'm about 3 months pregnant with my second child now. I thank the heavens for blessing me with another child. I can assure all my friends and family that this child is definitely not an accident haha. Jasper and I just felt that it would be nice to have both our children grow up together and while we still have the energy to run after them. We do not wish to wait too long for a second child. I agree that when I broke the news to my family, my mother was totally shocked while my dad and in laws were rather happy about it hahaha. I assured my mother that I would take good care of myself and make sure that I let her know if I like to eat anything or drink any soup to build up my health.

I pray that everything will go well for me and my unborn child and of cos may all the blessings fall upon Jasper, Allyson, Daddy, Mummy, Papa, Mama, Brother, Sis-in-law, Sammi and sis-in-law as well as all my friends.

4 comments:

Tingting said...

wow! dydy congrats ! u r so "productive" hehe juz kidding :) happy for u *hugz*

dun worry too much abt the job now, taking care of yourself during the pregnancy period is most impt :) sometimes things will juz pen out nicely without u knowing

keep us updated okie ?

hugz ^_^

Unknown said...

Yeah!~ Congrats! Hahaha...

I remembered teasing you abt your vomiting incident at Vivocity the other time and didn't really expect it to come through.... LOL

Jolyn Ngo said...

hi dydy!
Was pleasantly surprised to see you yesterday. Though it's a bit late, still want to say Congrats to your new pregnancy.

Mmm..Sometimes I wonder what have I been doing? Guess what? I am online everyday but somehow I seemed to be at a loss on what to do for life. I wonder whether it's the disillusion in life that caused me to behave this way? I had lost the motivation to do anything but slack..sigh.

Heard of this tagline before. Life is like a box of chocolates. I always wonder..Is life really like a box of chocolates? Can we choose what we like? Even if we choose what we want, will we be happy as what we thought we will be?

To me, life is full of contradictions. When we have something, we don't seem to treasure it..but when we lose it, we start to regret not treasuring it. Now the motto that keeps me going is..live each day to the fullest coz we may not know what will happen the next moment.

Sounds very pessimistic isn't it? After hearing all the comments in dydy's blog, I seem to agree with her that teaching is a really tiring job..or is it life that is tiring? After seeing how some teachers behave, it amazes me how they are going to mould the future of our nation.

Dydy, thanks for the enlightening articles..somehow it's really heartening to see frens sharing their joys and sorrows. Though we don't get to see each other, glad to hear what's happening around u.

Tingting said...

kimberly.. ya agree that sometimes I wonder what we are doing in life now..I guess its less "confusing" for pple who have a particular aspirations in life..

For eg, some may aim to have enough $$ so as to retire at 50yrs old, some may aspire to have their own business, some may strive to climb the mount everest one day..

Then with that in mind, they work towards their goal. They will have plans and their daily life will be busy cos they have an ultimate goal to work for.. maybe we shld take some time to think abt what we want to be in 20 or 30yrs down the road and maybe we will be less confused...

For me.. I cannot really think so far now cos my sis will be going for either her knee or spine surgery..the mind is a bit tired and want to cross the bridge when it comes.. so all I could do this year was to have my short term goals to be..for eg, start to exercise, learn to blog etc etc

Maybe u can think of starting ur own blog, keeping a journal of urself :)