Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Mid - Week

It's the middle of the week and here I am typing this on my bed with my girl sleeping soundly beside me. It's good that she can sleep more at home cos she's always sooo busy at the infant care centre. Sometimes, when she's there for about 7 hours, she slept only about 75 - 80 minutes. My hubby Jasper and I gathered that she's very distracted with what her peers are doing. Wonder if it's becos one of us is very distracted sometimes. I think I'm the one hmmm my hubby has always been the extremely focused kind of man. Once he sets out to do something, he would stay on track and complete it.

Just went for my eye check up on Tuesday and the eye doctor Mel told me that everything's good. I just need to put some normal eyedrops which she prescribed and to stop the previous ones. The redness has really gone off a great deal. I'm soooooo happy that I could take care of Allyson once again. I still do not dare to put my face too near her so I give her lots of finger kisses daily hehehe. I guess I wanna let the redness go off completely before I really put my face close to her. Gotta go back for another check up at TTSH in 3 weeks to let Mel see that I've totally recovered.

Allyson is slowly learning to keep her head upright when we carry her and she's always excited to see the world instead of the usual ceiling view when we carried her for the past few months.

Was looking through Ting's blog about the carebear show she went to. It made me realise that kids these days grew up with different toys. When I talk to my pupils in school, they tell me about HABBO, computer games and more computer webpages. Suddenly realised time has really changed. My friends and I didn't have much luxury owning a computer at home to be playing computer games. I believe most of us grew up with dolls, soft toys and toy cars.

I remembered my dad gave me a very big n soft teddy bear whom we name it MAMA BEAR. I still have it with me till now and my niece is playing with MAMA BEAR daily, making tea for her to drink or just teaching her to sit properly hahaha. My niece is 3 years old and she's putting what she learnt in preschool to good use at home *wink*
Another set of dolls which I named them BOY BOY AND GIRL GIRL is very much adored by my parents. We would buy clothing for them to wear. I'm sure friends who has gone to my parents' home would remember my precious dolls. They are quite similar to the ICE CREAM DOLLS in the past. My mum even told us never to give them away even till the day she's no longer around.

These days, I buy educational toys for my daughter. Toys that has music, reading and colour stimulation. The only stuff toy my girl has is a little elmo which we named it her guardian angel. I'm moving on to buying word and picture cards for her. She gets distracted easily so the cards must be very interesting :) These days, she's beginning to try to listen to at least half a story before she gets distracted.

I'm very proud of my friend Diane, she has been learning so many things in the past few years. I truly admire her determination and energy to learn all the things.
Hey Diane, I don't mind you playing at my daughter's b'day? Hmmmm how long must I book you in advance?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hehehehe... I'm still trying to play Canon in D as smoothly as possible... There are still alots of 'areas' to improve on...

I will play it for you once I've mastered the 8 pages score~~ LOL

Jolyn Ngo said...

dydy!!
Hehe...i am guilty of hiding in my nutshell for ages again...Recently quite a few things happened in school so have not been active in my private life.
Got a shock when I just read about your eye infection...hope u r much better now...Think of it as a positive outlook..Perhaps God wants you to let your eyes rest.
Stay cheerful as you have always been!
Stay in touch ok?? hehhee