Children's Day coming soon and it's time for me to get ready all the presents for my students in class. Every year, I would give them something useful and some food. I would get party packs to pack the things for them. Though they may be naughty and irritating sometimes, when it comes to presents, they become more adorable on this one day in the year.
I miss getting children's day presents hahahha. Guess I've long passed that age nearly 20 years ago hahahah. This year, my colleagues are performing for the children. Last year, many teachers were not happy that there was no performance for the children as the organiser thought that it would be good to show the children how privileged they are to live in
Singapore compared to other children in other countries or even in Singapore itself. It turned out that the colleagues were not happy that they can't perform. Thus this year, the same organiser decided to open up to the teachers to have them choose what they want to perform so long as it's healthy :)
One day last week, I was doing duty during recess. I was supposed to make sure that the children are safe in the field as they play. As I sat staring at the field, I just felt a great disgust..asking myself over and over again whether this is the life I want to be in for the rest of my years. I'm 29 this year but somehow just can't help feeling that I should do something better outside? OR I should just change an environment to work in. I suddenly didn't know if I'm still suited to be in the teaching profession. What can I do if I don't continue to teach? Am I just tired over the whole education system, the way schools are run, kids' attitude or am I just tired of working and want to stop work for a while. I guess, I need to consider carefully...
Allyson is able to turn over on her own now and chuckles happily whenever we beat her bums hahaha. Some nights when she's with my in laws, I miss her so much that I would cry to myself. Guess this is the kind of feeling a mother has :) When she was ill, I cried quite a bit as I blame myself for not giving her enough breast milk to build up her immunity. She's only 5 months and she already has running nose and cough twice. Family members told me that it could also be because she's in infant care.
Germs tend to spread more as the only time the infant care centre doesn't take in the child is when the child is down with fever or symptoms of chicken pox or hand foot mouth disease. Some common running nose and cough, as parents, we can sign a form to tell the teachers to administer medicine to the child. Thus when Allyson caught the flu bug the second time, I have the suddenly urge to resign and take care of her full time. It may be a rash decision...on the other hand, after calculating finances, it's not too advisable to resign. Then I'm contemplating getting a maid but I need to convince my mother to stay at home with a maid. *sigh*
I'm really worried that she may catch the flu bug again. Seeing her not having any energy to even smile and seeing her mucus drip from her nose really breaks my heart. At this age, I can only feed her liquids thus I bought a bottle of Del Rosa which is full of vitamin C to give her some maybe once a week or every 3-4 days. I hope this can help to give her more immunity against the germs...
tomorrow's the start of a working week. I pray that all of us going back to work will have a smooth and peaceful week ahead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment