This week of rest has been quite alright for me. I've learnt to be more relaxed and am able to think more in depth into the things that I've been doing or had done or things that has been happening around me.
Just a few days back when I went out with my mother to get something. As my friends may know, my mum has developed a phobia of going out. Thus, we had to settle something urgent so I went over to her house to take her out to settle it. As I took the bus to my mother's place, it suddenly dawned on me that I've really been moving toooo fast all these years. Some may comment that I'm too young to make such a statement but seriously, I've never really stopped to admire the little things in life. As I hopped on the bus and got a seat, I observed how the homemakers are living their life.
Basically, they wake up in the morning, settle their husband and children, maybe take the children to school, then proceed to the market or supermarket to get the day's food or some groceries. Even if they didn't go to the market or supermarket, they probably go home to do some household chores like washing clothes, cleaning the floor etc. After that, they probably start preparing lunch, take a rest and wait for their children to be home.
I tried this the last two days. I packed breakfast for Jasper, changed diapers for Allyson, fed her, talked to her a little then say goodbye to my hubby and daughter. Then I went home, put the clothes to wash, boiled the day's water and take a look at what I should be taking down from the freezer to cook for Allyson tonight. We have tingkat so I need not have to worry too much about our dinner. After hanging the clothes, I take a walk out to buy newspapers and grab some fruits or some other necessities for the family. In my mind, I'm looking for the value buys to try to safe a bit of money. Some may start laughing at me for becoming an 'Auntie' hahaha. I'm not sure if I can continue with this kind of life if I become a full time homemaker but I'm sure enjoying these few days. I even told my mum that I can come take her out like 3 times a week if I decided to be a homemaker.
I believe that I won't be the kind to coop myself up at home. I may take up some part time jobs or maybe just give tuition once Allyson starts to go to school for the day. I may even enrol myself in some courses as well.
I can plan my household chores like what to do for each day and maybe settle down to plan for the night's menu or experiment with some new dishes. I'm sooo looking forward to this kind of life. BUT, it really takes a very brave me to quit my job and do this full time. With the INFLATION these days, it's really not easy to stop work. Many of the stay-home mums are trying to go back to the workforce. After discussion with Jasper, we decided to shelf this idea till he takes home a 5-figure salary every month hahahhha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Waa... After reading your blog, I feel like becoming a housewife too~
(^_^)
hahah shiok eh ehhehe i'm really looking forward to it. then we can go hi tea, go swim etc etc
Post a Comment