Allyson's 'mushroom head' is changed to another look. My in-laws took her for a hair cut over the weekend. They felt it's better that way. Well, it does look better and anyway, I've only been told after it's done so there's nothing much to say.
I once read in an article that when two persons get together and get married, they are marrying both sides of the family and have to embrace everything and everyone that/who comes with the two persons. I guess it's the same logic with parenting. Once a child is born, the child doesn't belong to the parents alone. we have to embrace whatever advice or actions that are being carried out by grandparents.
I've always thought of harmony in the family. Where need be, I try to keep quiet and just swallow whatever that's given to me. Good or bad advice, I just have to take it in and decide if it can be carried out. If whatever had been done already without my knowledge, then I just have to swallow whatever that is going to come out of my both and still grin and bear with the whole thing and everyone else. To me, what's the point of creating a scene when what's done cannot be undone.
Allyson had taken her many steps without support already. Though still a bit unstable as she tries to walk on her own, I am just very proud of her progress. Seeing her development every day really puts a smile on both Jasper and my face. These days, we put her on a mat and play games with her. Can be tiring but I guess, seeing the smiles and chuckles from her take away all the tiredness for a while.
Of cos, being able to move around on her own is an exciting experience for her. Thus, we need to constantly watch out for her and NEVER NEVER leave her unattended especially if she's walking around. I was told just over the weekend that young kids will definitely fall and hurt themselves when they start to walk. I agree partially but not totally. If we do not be alert with what the kid is doing or worse not even looking at the kid, then I would say it's our fault that the kid gets hurt. I'm sure we are not going to wait till something even more serious happens and still maintain that it's ok for young kids to hurt themselves when they learn to walk!? I don't dare to say that when I care for Allyson, there's no injuries at all BUT I dare to say that I have 100% concentration on her no matter how tired I am after work at night.
Can anyone understand the amount of anguish and sadness that overcame me as a mother but I still have to swallow whatever that is going to come out of my mouth? Seeing my little girl being injured is really upsetting. I just pray that she gets less of the injuries especially on her face area.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment