Friday, May 15, 2009

A Calm and Peaceful Mind

Hubby recently commented that i should put up some posts on happy incidents that happened to me. I guess my happiest moment was when allyson and jasper presented a kate spade bag to me. very very sweet of him. It's for mother's day. He actually went to buy after work, came home and went to take me from work. He really knew how to keep things under wraps.

Since the beginning of this year, i've been going through some unhappiness with my job, with some people around me. it's amazing how i could have allowed these people to affect my life. much as i like to ignore all them, i have to face them all the time. i felt that i'm slackening in my work and not doing justice to my stakeholders. it's not easy being where i am today. i can't just leave everything behind and move on to a new environment. moreoever, i do not have many openings to choose from.

recently, a stakeholder commented that i have not done enough for my client. it was a shelling session at a closed-door meeting. it set me wondering whether i should be in this profession at all. the things that were said really affected me. if i have 40 clients, it's my duty to address each and every one of their needs and to understand them fully. that's what my stakeholder said.
He may be right but I just hated the way he put things through. He seriously have some kind of EGO problem. I've been trying to ignore it these few days and went on with my work. At the back of my mind, i still think of what this stakeholder said. If I go crazy, I shall remember to haunt him for the rest of his life.

I had a dream last night. I'm not sure if i was too pressed up inside but I actually dreamt that I went crazy. i was screaming non-stop in my dream. when I woke up, i was in a daze and slipped in my bathroom. after that, i felt pain on the right side of my waist. going to see a doc soon cos the pain lingers as i walk and it's very disturbing. not sure if that dream will come to haunt me again.

I just conquered the throat virus last two weeks without taking a day of medical leave and now i'm down. I long for a calm and peaceful mind.
Have requested to my hubby for a full day off till night on one of the saturdays to spend time with two of my girlfriends. they plan the day for me. i shall go wherever they feel is good for my heart and soul.

I shall take some time off during the June break to think of my next step in my career.

No comments: