Happy Teacher's Day to all the teachers in this world!
Some schools have either a half day or a school holiday today as Teacher's Day falls on 1 Sept which is a saturday so it's like off-in-lieu. Many schools are having their teacher's day dinner tonight while others had theirs last week or last night.
Teacher's Day dinners give teachers the opportunity to dress up, catch up with one another, take pictures etc. We don't have much time to chat a lot during school hours so tend to talk and laugh more during dinners like this. My school had ours at The Legends. Food was not important but the company we had that night. We were entertained by wonderful songs put up by fellow colleagues and had fun gossiping with close ones outside the venue.
My ex students called and sms me last night wanting to come over to school but I had to turn them down due to my eye infection. I promised them that we shall meet outside school at some fast food restaurant when school reopens. It's very heartening to know that ex students still remember me after all the scoldings and naggings which I've given them ahhaha :)
I guess this year is my most pathetic Teacher's Day. I'm all alone at home updating my blog nursing an eye infection while my colleagues and friends who are teachers are enjoying the celebrations put up by their students. Was still rather pessismistic last night but the thought of my baby and my hubby's encouragement gave me strength and courage to recover as fast as I can. At the same time, I was listening to a song by Josh Groban 'You Are Loved'. I kept repeating the song till my CD player nearly konked out hahaha. The words are simply meaningful.
Simply loved the way Josh sings, so powerful, so manly (hmmmm just like my husband *wink*).
Really missed my hubby's bear hugs.......
Josh's voice can really put me into a mode of relaxation or trance, living in a world of my own not bothering about what happened around me.
Thanks to arwen for the tips and ting for your concern and hugs :))
You Are Loved
(Don't Give Up)
Don't give up
It's just the weight of the world
When your heart's heavy I
I will lift it for you
Don't give up
Because you want to be heard
If silence keeps you I
I will break it for you
Everybody wants to be understood
Well I can hear you
Everybody wants to be loved
Don't give up
Because you are loved
Don't give up
It's just the hurt that you hide
When you're lost inside I
I'll be there to find you
Don't give up
Because you want to burn bright
If darkness blinds you I
I will shine to guide you
Everybody wants to be understood
Well I can hear you
Everybody needs to be loved
Don't give up
Because...you are loved
Don't give up
It's just the weight of the world
Don't give up
Everybody needs to be loved
You are loved
Friday, August 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
No worries dear. It's wonderful to be served at times. Thank God that your condition has improved and are able to carry and play with Allyson again. Happy Teachers' Day to you as well. Love. =)
Post a Comment