Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Challenging Week

This week has been a week of self-reflection, fear, heartache and worry. It all started on 25 Aug 2007 (Sat). I started to experience pain in my left eye with green discharge and blurry eyesight. Consulted a GP and was told that it was eye infection. Put the eyedrops and green discharge stopped. Fever came on at night measuring up to 38.1 degree celsius. Come Sunday, redness went to right eye and left eye was more swollen that before. I decided to consult my family doctor who is more experienced. He gave me a stronger eyedrop and medicine to bring down the swell. Fever continues.

By Monday afternoon, left eye became bloodshot as if some vessel had burst and whole eye looked really like blood. Come Tuesday, I went straight to A&E at TTSH in the afternoon, waited n waited till I saw an eye doctor. I was diagnosed for conjunctivities haemorrage. He gave me some eye drops which I dutifully put on for two days. There is some improvement as my left eye is no longer bloodshot but it will take time for the redness to clear. My right eye is completely alright now.

Throughout these few days, there's this fear of me becoming blind, not able to see my family and my beautiful baby girl. I want to be able to grow up with her and be there when she reaches each milestone. I am separated from her till now as I do not want her to be susceptible to the infection. After all, she's only 4 months old and her immunity has not been built up yet. I could not touch her and could only see her from about one metre away. The heartache is beyond description. I wondered how some mothers could be so cruel as to abuse their own babies or allow others to abuse them.

These few days of separation tore my heart out. She stayed with my in laws at night. I prayed very hard that I will recover by the end of this week so that I can be with my darling, cuddle her and kiss her. I thank the heavens for a very supportive husband. He tries to make everything easy for me and makes me laugh so as not to think of my heartache too much. I thank both sides of the family as well. My parents-in -law who never fails to take good care of my baby. My mum and mum-in-law calls me every morning to make sure I was alright. My brother calls a few times to ask about my condition.

I believe without their support, I could have easily gone into some depression and I can get rather emotional sometimes. Colleagues at work were also wonderful. Just want to say a big THANK YOU to all of you at work! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Waaa... Is your eye better now?

My yoga teacher taught us to cup our eyes with our palm and do eye rotation (with eyes closed)...

After 1 week of the eye exercise, there are no more bloodshot eyes even if I were to wear my contact lens from morn til 10pm...

You can consider trying that... Hope it helps... :)

Unknown said...

Ya... I forgot to mention that u can brew some chrysanthemum tea to drink... It's pretty good for the eyes and clearing toxic stuff in the body... =)

Keep us update on your condition...

Tingting said...

*hugz* can understand ur feelings on not able to be close to ur baby gal..take things easy and rest well.. as long as u do that, it won't be long before u'll recover and can hold ur baby close to u again ! take care babe ! :)

dydy said...

Thanks for the tips arwen! Shall try and update you all on the condition :))

Thanks for the hugs ting :)