Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Life ....

One word --> TOLERATE TOLERATE TOLERATE....no matter what, so long as it's not violence, a woman has to tolerate cos she wants to keep her family together. I don't quite understand this point before I was married. After I got married, I realised the truth in this word.
There's this phrase in chinese which means that tolerance breeds harmony. There must be harmony in the house to create a good environment for the kids to grow. It's horried for a child to go home to a quarrelsome home.

I've had students who hates to go home and would rather stay in school to accompany me or even asked me to stay with them so they have an excuse not to go home. Of cos, on the other hand, I've students who love to go home cos they have a loving and warm family waiting for them. One day, I visited a student who had not been attending school frequently. I went to pass him some stuff. I was totally affected by the living conditions this child lives in -- smelly, small, packed with people.

After I left the place, I told Jasper that both of us have to work really hard and save lots so as to give our own children a clean, loving and warm environment. We may not be earning the millions or giving our children all the branded stuff. I won't want my children to loiter outside because they hate to go back to a dirty and smelly home. I want my children to look forward to coming home to us with warmth and food and activities waiting for them.
I guess I'm influenced by my parents. My father has always said that no matter how poor he is, he would give us the best. Now as a parent, I fully understood what he meant. Looking at Allyson everyday now, though she may be naughty at times, we love her too much to even think of depriving her of love and warmth of family life.

I look forward to the day that I can teach her to bake and cook :))

No comments: