Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Abortion

Both Jasper and I carried a heavy heart as we reached the hospital. No matter how upset we were, we both tried to make each other happy. The procedure was very smooth. It took just half an hour and I was brought back to the ward to rest for about 2 hours.
All I remembered when I was pushed to the operating theatre, was the oxygen mask. When I woke up, there was no pain at all. All I had was bleeding, just like the normal menses. Doc told me that it would take about 2 weeks to clear. I woke up with a sore throat and he explained that he had inserted a tube into my throat cos of the oxygen. Just like the kind we see on TV serials.
My sore throat healed by Friday.

I do think of my unborn child and I try to numb myself by doing lots of stuff at home.
On Thursday, my breasts swelled and I had to squeeze out the colustrum to reduce the swelling. If I do not do it, the lumps may develop into cancerous cells. As I was squeezing out the milk, I was crying uncontrollably. The pain was not from the swollen breasts but from my heart. I decided to fully breast feed my second child so that it will have greater immunity. I guess I shall give it to my third child. Jasper and I decided to try for a child after one year.

We are still waiting for the results of the test of the genes. Shall pray for the best and hope that whatever happened to this second child will not happen to any of the other children.

2 comments:

Tingting said...

cindy dear.. I came across a spiritaully-based website which is dedicated to baby angels who left the world.. hope you find it useful or comforting, remember that we are all supporting, u will not be alone in any way, love from ting

http://www.baby-angels.org/

dydy said...

dearest ting,
thanks for the support :) *hugshugs* I believe time will heal all heartaches. My baby will forever live in my heart and Jasper's heart.